dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Best JavaScript Certification..

Best JavaScript Certification..

Hello.

I've been doing programming for a few years and have a good grip on a few languages. I don't have many site examples only little programs I've created (with one legitimate site). However, I'm sure I can do anything related to programming with JavaScript even at an intermediate/advanced level.

So I'm thinking that if I want employment, the next best thing would be to get a certification. So with that being said, what would be the most respected certification for JavaScript?

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckB View Post
    ...what would be the most respected certification for JavaScript?
    Honestly, I don't think there is one. Probably the best you can do is drop a few keywords in your resume that would indicate a high skill level. (And at the interview, be prepared to fully explain anything that you've put on your resume.)
    for(split(//,'))*))91:+9.*4:1A1+9,1))2*:..)))2*:31.-1)4131)1))2*:3)"'))
    {for(ord){$i+=$_&7;grep(vec($s,$i++,1)=1,1..($_>>3)-4);}}print"$s\n";

As JavaScript belongs to no one, in particular , there is no one to give you a certification.

kick ass real-world examples are far more persuasive to clients and employers than test scores...

I got this certificate on w3schools, probably doesnt mean much but its better than nothing.

http://www.w3schools.com/cert/cert_javascript.asp

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Mott View Post
    Honestly, I don't think there is one. Probably the best you can do is drop a few keywords in your resume that would indicate a high skill level. (And at the interview, be prepared to fully explain anything that you've put on your resume.)
    I like this idea...it is pretty difficult to find a javascript certification out there...but since there is a PHP certification out there, I guess your suggestion of some keywords with a "Zend" certification for PHP would have to indicate to the employer that I know what I'm doing...you think?

@ rnd_me ...yeah I could create something as well and give them a link to it...
    Last edited by ChuckB; 12-21-2010 at 09:40 PM.

Thread Information