www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: accessing elements with jquery

accessing elements with jquery

i am using tiny mce editor to add content to pages, when i hit enter the editor automatically generates
    <p>&nbsp;</p> or <p> </p>

i cannot change the settings of tiny mce so that i can change line breaks to be <br> instead of <p>&nbsp;</p> or <p> </p>

in my css i have given the following
    .content p{
    margin: 0 0 8px 0;
    line-height: 18px;
    }

so that the content which is within p tags will get the line height and margins between paragraphs that have the content

because of the empty <p>&nbsp;</p> that the editor is generating both the line height and margin bottom are being applied to <p>&nbsp;</p> and there is a big vertical gaps being created

is it possible using jquery to find <p>&nbsp;</p> or <p> </p> so that a new css rule can be set so that these empty p tags will have no line height and very less margin example
    $(document).ready(function(){
    $("find empty p").css("line-height","0");
    $("find empty p").css("margin-bottom","2px");
    });

Quote Originally Posted by sudhakararaog View Post
    i am using tiny mce editor to add content to pages, when i hit enter the editor automatically generates
    <p>&nbsp;</p> or <p> </p>

i cannot change the settings of tiny mce so that i can change line breaks to be <br> instead of <p>&nbsp;</p> or <p> </p>
    Simply press Shift+Enter. That should generate <br> instead of <p> in almost all kind of editors.

thanks

Thread Information