Hi everyone I have a website uploaded into apache tomcat the code is shown below this website suppose to retrieve json data from other server (both servers have the same domain) for some reason the other server is not responding as I'm getting the error message "handshake didntgo through" firebug net pannel shows no response header also the apache and the other server are on the same domain. Can you please provide a feedback or clue on how to troubleshoot this? is there anything with ajax cause it seems it is not sending ?dose the ajax parameters need to be in spacific order?

Java script code:-

Code:
$(document).ready( function(){ var home_add='http://mywebsite.net:3300/gateway'; $('#handshake').click(function(){      alert(" sending json data");                       $.ajax({                 /* start ajax function to send data */                            url:home_add,                           type:'POST',                           datatype:'json',                           contenttype:'text/json',                           error:function(){ alert("handshake didn't go through")}, /* call disconnect function */                           data:{                           "supportedConnectionTypes": "long-polling",                           "channel": "/meta/handshake",                           "version": "1:0"                           },                           success:function(data){                           $("p").append(data+"<br/>");                            alert("sucessful handshake");                            }                                               })      })});
firebug time line shows DNS lookup, connecting and waiting there is no sending nor receiving. the request header is the following but there is no response

Hostmywebsite.net:3300 User-AgentMozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.9.2.13) Gecko/20101209 CentOS/3.6-2.el5.centos Firefox/3.6.13 Accepttext/html,application/xhtml+xml,application/xml;q=0.9,*/*;q=0.8 Accept-Languageen-us,en;q=0.5 Accept-Encodinggzip,deflate Accept-CharsetISO-8859-1,utf-8;q=0.7,*;q=0.7 Keep-Alive115 Connectionkeep-alive Originhttp://127.0.0.1:8080 Access-Control-Request-Me...POST

Thank you in advance
ls19