dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Call a function inside a loop

Call a function inside a loop

I want to call a function inside a loop of an array but when I run it, it is only reaching the function the first time.

for (i in qMedia) {
    writeMedia(qMedia[i].name, qMedia[i].format);
    }

Even when I tried to call it outside the loop multiple times, it only executed once.

writeMedia(qMedia[0].name, qMedia[0].format);
    writeMedia(qMedia[1].name, qMedia[1].format);
    writeMedia(qMedia[2].name, qMedia[2].format);

I know that each of the objects in the array have data because I tried to run each one of the lines above separately without calling the other two and it worked fine.

Quote Originally Posted by margalits View Post
    I want to call a function inside a loop of an array but when I run it, it is only reaching the function the first time.

for (i in qMedia) {
    writeMedia(qMedia[i].name, qMedia[i].format);
    }

Even when I tried to call it outside the loop multiple times, it only executed once.

writeMedia(qMedia[0].name, qMedia[0].format);
    writeMedia(qMedia[1].name, qMedia[1].format);
    writeMedia(qMedia[2].name, qMedia[2].format);

I know that each of the objects in the array have data because I tried to run each one of the lines above separately without calling the other two and it worked fine.
    Look for JavaScript errors. If there is one, is it in the loop? Or is it in the function that you are calling?

^_^

Thank you! There was a Javascript error. I am new at this, I found the Javascript console and saw the error. The code I posted was a very very simplified version of what I'm doing. It was actually supposed to populate smarty code and because of another problem, it wasn't populating so the html generated was missing things and creating syntax errors and not executing anything after the first call of this writeMedia function.

Not sure if that made total sense but it works now. Thanks again for the simple but helpful pointer.

Thread Information