www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: klh6686 Jquery Plugin, Coin Slider assign custom transition?

Question klh6686 Jquery Plugin, Coin Slider assign custom transition?

Hey guys, I'm using a Jquery plugin called coin slider as a slider for my website. However, I do not like the transitions that are available in this plugin as they're kinda cheesy. I was wondering how I would go about using a different jquery transition such as a simple fade? I'm kinda stuck with coin slider as this is used on a wordpress site and I don't have the time to customize any other jquery slider to work with wordpress and dynamically pull the latest articles etc.

Thanks.

you would have to rewrite the actual plugin itself by locating the parts that controls the current transition effects or find a plugin that better suits your needs.

you could potentially get help doing the editing but youll need to provide a link to your website or to the exact coin slider script you are using as there are several of this type available

I wasn't sure how difficult it would be as I've worked with jquery by itself before, but not through a pluginsuch as this. The particular one I am using is found here:
    http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/coin-slider-4-wp/

I like the simple look of the slider but like I said the transitions are terrible and I would love a simple fade to the next.

Thread Information