www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: How can I "follow" a forum?

How can I "follow" a forum?

I go on over 10 forums. I hate having to visit each forum to see if anyone replied to my posts. Is there something like RSS for forums? I know vBulletin has optional RSS feeds and phpBB has RSS mods.
    Is there some way for me to check my posts in multiples forums to see if anyone replied? If not, can you guys give me some ideas for possibly starting such a service?

It's called a robot. In the past I've built them using Perl but PHP is easier. You'll need PHP running locally, DOMDocumet and CURL.
    “The power of the Web is in its universality. Access by everyone regardless of disability is an essential aspect.”
    —Tim Berners-Lee, W3C Director and inventor of the World Wide Web

Is there one for vBulletin or phpBB for download?

You build your own.
    “The power of the Web is in its universality. Access by everyone regardless of disability is an essential aspect.”
    —Tim Berners-Lee, W3C Director and inventor of the World Wide Web

You don't get email notifications when someone replies to your threads?

@Charles: I busy with my website. I have a ton of features that I want to add, but I do not have time to add (I don't type fast enough ). I Googled this before, but I couldn't find anything.
    @svidgen: I forgot about that, I disabled it a long time ago because I received 5+ emails each day because of it. I don't know if other forums offer it, I'll check. I don't need it for WebDeveloper since I go on WebDeveloper daily. Thanks for reminding me

Quote Originally Posted by narutodude000 View Post
    @Charles: I busy with my website. I have a ton of features that I want to add, but I do not have time to add (I don't type fast enough ). I Googled this before, but I couldn't find anything.
    @svidgen: I forgot about that, I disabled it a long time ago because I received 5+ emails each day because of it. I don't know if other forums offer it, I'll check. I don't need it for WebDeveloper since I go on WebDeveloper daily. Thanks for reminding me
    Sounds like a potential feature for your website ... or mine

I think you should try mybb forum software.it has rss feature.
    see my site build with mybb
    http://haffow.com

Thread Information