www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Need help creating web form to crete a continuous CSV File

Hybrid View

Need help creating web form to crete a continuous CSV File

Hello everyone, I'm looking to create a web form that will store data in a continuous CSV file. Here's an example of what I want to do: User A fills out the form with fields:First Name, Last Name, Address, City, State, and I want that info sent to a CSV file. User B fills out the same form and their info goes to the same CSV file. I'm trying to not use MySql for the simple reason I don't know anything about it and my data obtained from the users ultimately needs to be in a CSV file. If anyone can provide some help on this, I'd sure appreciate it.

Personally, I'd still use a database as it's much more robust and flexible, and then you can easily extract a CSV file from it whenever you want with a pretty simple script. But whichever way you go, you're friend for creating the CSV will be the fputcsv() function, along with the fopen() function for opening the file for appending.
    "Please give us a simple answer, so that we don't have to think, because if we think, we might find answers that don't fit the way we want the world to be."
    ~ Terry Pratchett in Nation

eBookworm.us

Thread Information