www.webdeveloper.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: After Mobile Redirect - View Full Site link

Hi Antonia - This looks to be just what I've been searching for... can you give me the URL of where this is working? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Antonia View Post
    The secret Magic was placing the redirect on the html page, Before Anything Else.
    Glad you got it working!
    Dave

neonstring.com works fine as it should on a desktop browser. When you go "neonstring.com" on a mobile device, it redirects to "m.neonstring", that's good. Then, when I click on the "Full Site" link, it redirects to "neonstring.com", that's also good. But, when I click on the "Photos", "Videos", "About Us", etc. links they redirect back to "m.neonstring", that's not good.
    Regarding neostring.com, it sounds like there may be a mobile redirect script on each page, if visiting other than the index.html (index.php) redirects viewers back to the mobile site. Maybe having the redirect only on the index /home page is necessary.

The web server I'm having problems with is on Fatcow.com. They are running php version 5.
    The web hosting company with all php redirect/full site scripts working perfect is Hostmonster.com, php version 5.2.

I can see my query string URL and /?mode=desktop visible for a fraction of a second as I test Full Site, but it redirects back to the mobile.

RESOLVED
    I found another old Javascript redirect in the website, preventing it from working with Dave's above or any leading php redirect.

Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love learning more on this topic.

Thread Information