dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Digital souvenirs Museum project

Digital souvenirs Museum project

Hello,
    I'm working at my company at the project called "Digital Souvenir". The link of the demo http://fictionfactory.digital-souven.../showcase/demo
    The project is for a museum and the main feature is to allow the customer to share on facebook, mail and youtube a digital souvenir of from the museum.
    I'm now on the youtube implementation. What I need to do is to have a button for upload the video to youtube from the site. I need this: when the customer decided to press the youtube upload it goes directly to the youtube profile for upload the video in its channel. Right now I don't know how to manage the youtube api.
    I need some help and suggestion and examples because on internet I didn't find nothing. Please help me.
    Thanks a lot.

Hello again,
    Please any idea will be great. I posted in the past some others questions and I saw near 1000 people saw my post but no one replays. I think is impossible no one have an idea.
    Please tell me if you need more info or you don't understand the topic or whatever. I really need help for this is an important project.
    Many thanks to all.

I viewed your topic earlier, but frankly I just didn't feel I had enough of a response to prompt a reply. When I see a question I either know the answer or I don't. And if I don't I take a few minutes to look it up and see if I can easily find an answer or work on out.

I've never worked with YouTube's upload API and so I can't really provide you with the best solution. So all I can do is point you to resources that seem to have the answers you are looking for, or at least will get you started.

The first comes from YouTube's API documentation: https://developers.google.com/youtub...rect_uploading

At the bottom there is a nice image and step-by-step on what needs to happen to upload a video. Essentially you are submitting a POST request to YouTube (the details of which are in the code formatted boxes of the YouTube API pages). There are specific headers that must be set in the request so that YouTube can authorize the API request and also actually upload the video to a specific account.

As far as an exact code example, I can't give you one at the moment. I'd have to do a little more research to understand all of this better before I start throwing code at you. But there are seemingly a couple of ways you could do this. There does seem to be some PHP libraries that provide you with some preset functions to connect to various Google/YouTube APIs. You could also submit your form (where the video file is selected) to a PHP script that uses CURL to send data to YouTube's API URL via POST (though this may not be the best method).

I wish I could give you a more direct solution, but maybe some of this will get you headed in the right direction. If not I'm sure I'll eventually get back to this topic once I've learned more.

Many thanks for your help this is something :-) By the way if you come out with some others suggestion I will be really grateful. For now I have to understand how to send the video from the server of the museum to the youtube... I hope to find a solution...

Hi I trying to use this google-api-nodejs-client maybe is useful by the way there is the same for php too but my company ask me to use javascript.
    Last edited by jedaisoul; 10-26-2014 at 07:03 PM.

Hello,
    My supervisor told me I can use php so if you figerout something please let me know because I'm totally stuck with this.
    Last edited by jedaisoul; 10-26-2014 at 07:01 PM.

Thread Information