www.webdeveloper.com
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Joomla 1.6 Program

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    147

    Joomla 1.6 Program

    The host server I use automatically installs Joomla for you. I just bought a new domain today and was unaware that Joomla 1.6 had been released as I haven't built a new site for a while.

    The layout I used to build this new site on my computer.. which I have put hours into... Does not work in Joomla 1.6.

    It gives me this error


    Fatal error: Call to a member function getCfg() on a non-object in /home/content/08/4759008/html/rnh/templates/siteground-j15-74/index.php on line 57

    I have attached a .txt version of the index.php it's talking about because it wouldn't let me attack a php document.

    Is there any help you can offer me please? Thank you in advance.
    Attached Files Attached Files

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    147
    http://rnhministries.org/

    Here's what it looks like live.

    Nothing is showing up except the banner.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Québec
    Posts
    61
    Never worked with Joomla 1.6 but a quick look at the code show that $mainframe variable seems to be inexistant.

    After a 5 seconds Google search I found that solution for a similar problem:

    $mainframe = JFactory::getApplication();

    FYI: This is the link I found: http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=457894

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    147
    I'm not too good with PHP.. which is Kinda why I use Joomla.

    Do I paste that under the code.. Or do I replace the code with that?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Québec
    Posts
    61
    If I was you, I'll do this:

    PHP Code:
    <?php

    defined
    '_JEXEC' ) or die( 'Restricted access' );
    JPlugin::loadLanguage'tpl_SG1' );

    $mainframe JFactory::getApplication();
    ?>
    This way the $mainframe variable will be accessible everywhere in your index page.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    147
    That would fix the fatal error problem. The problem with my content showing up happened to be a 1.6 problem. It changed my layout positions to ones that didnt exist. With the error out of the way, I was able to figure that out. Thank you very much for your help!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
HTML5 Development Center



Recent Articles