end tag for "meta" omitted, but OMITTAG NO was specified
i get this error
"end tag for "meta" omitted, but OMITTAG NO was specified "
when i run my site through the wc3 validator. what does this mean, i have 123 errors , in which some of them are the same. what does this error mean? i read the explanation but dont understand how to fix it.
plz help...thank you
I'm guessing you're using an XHTML DOCTYPE? Read through this thread.
Last edited by fredmv; 12-25-2003 at 03:40 PM.
How can i fix it? the validator counts it as an error. does it have to be in a seperate file?
You have a few options, check this thread for more details.
Thank you very much. works great now. i just have a few short questions.
1. when search engines crawl, do they want the whole site to be valid? ( im gonna make every page valid, just Wondering)
2. can search engines find personal web servers easily?
You don't nessecarily have to make the code absolutely valid, however, it will help you if your code is valid and makes sense semantically. A few examples of this would be:
As for your other question, If people can access files on your server, search engines should be able to as well. However, it really depends on how semantically meaningful your markup is and who else is linking to your site.
- Use heading tags (<h1> through <h6>) in their correct order.
- Use <strong> instead of <b>.
- Use <em> instead of <i>.
- Use tables only for tabular data (what they're intended for) as opposed to a site layout or other incorrect usage.
- Define a title attribute for all links and other elements to describe what it does.
- Define an alt attribute on all <img> to provide alternative content for users in which are blind or users in which don't have a browser that supports images.
- Use <abbr> and <acronym> for abbreviations and acronyms, respectively.
- Have descriptive content for your <title> element.
Last edited by fredmv; 12-25-2003 at 07:14 PM.
alright, thank you very much!
You're quite welcome.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)