www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: looking for free flash "compiler"

looking for free flash "compiler"

(unfamiliar with flash mind you lol)

I would like to start working on publishing and posting my own flash games, but the only program I know of is adobe's which costs money to be able to use it.

I don't need bells/whistles, honestly I can learn to hand-write the code myself without breaking a sweat. I only need a program to compile("publish"...?) to generate the finished result that can be posted online or even submitted to a gaming website.

A design environment isn't important, such as visual c++ for example. I honestly only need notepad and the borland tools for that (well, that along with a much better knowledge of threads/processes and windows programming lol)

Just a simple compiler (if that's the term for a flash "maker") is all I really need, and search engines have been less than helpful. Anyone who could point me in the right direction, your help would be greatly appreciated.

Take a look down in the "Product Support" section of:
    http://board.flashkit.com/board/index.php
    Just remember that Flash knock-offs are NOT the genuine deal. While they may almost work the same, we (Flash developers) often get questions as to why this or that doesn't work... So if you plan to spend a lot of time and effort in the project, you take your chances using non-genuine Flash knock-offs.
    Best wishes,
    Eye for Video
    www.cidigitalmedia.com

You might want to check on Brajeshwar. It is a C/C++ to flash compiler. It uses the actionscript technology which as they say, is really groundbreaking. Part of the use of this comes with a a specific template in actionscript the will pave way for green threading, which gives you the ability to execute asynchronous code in asynchronous virtual machines.

Thread Information