dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Looking to buy new laptop- need advice

Arrow Looking to buy new laptop- need advice

Hello,

I am looking to buy a new laptop for my home. I will be using Adobe CS5 including dreamweaver on it and would like to be sure that if I'm running Photosohp Illustrator and Dreamweaver all at the same time, I still have a good amount of speed. If someone could reccomend the appropriate RAM, processor, and hard drive space etc, I would be grateful.

Nikki

If you are looking for Intel-based computer systems, you might want to look at Core i5 or i7. I7 will be the better option at this having a dual-quad core to boost. I has a total of 8 processors, virtually and physically. If you are looking at running Photoshop, Dreamweaver and some other processes, you might want to get 8GB of RAM but 4GB will do. Being an IT professional require having large disk space so 500GB will do but you might want to have a back external hard drive in case you need to transfer and bring important files with you.

Thank you for your advice. I ended up building this:
    Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-560M Dual Core Processor (2.66 GHz, 3MB L3 Cache) with Turbo Boost up to 3.2GHz
    1GB ATI Mobility Radeon(TM) HD 5650 DDR3 switchable graphics [HDMI, VGA] - For Dual Core Processors
    6GB DDR3 System Memory (2 Dimm)
    750GB 5200RPM Hard Drive with HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection
    No Additional Office Software
    Norton Internet Security(TM) 2011 - 15 Month Subscription (activation required)
    6 Cell Lithium Ion Battery (standard) - Up to 5.0 hours of battery life +++
    17.3" diagonal HD+ High-Definition HP LED BrightView Widescreen Display (1600 x 900)
    SuperMulti 8X DVD+/-R/RW with Double Layer Support
    HP TrueVision Webcam with Integrated Digital Microphone
    Intel Wireless-N Card
    Standard Keyboard

I am not a professional website designer, I really need to just redo my website (http://www.nikkidamico.com). I'm hoping that for my first new computer ever (I've always taken hand-me-downs from family members) that this will be a good start.
    I will be getting the appropriate software through a program at a local college.
    I hope I did okay !

Thread Information