www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: doctype delcaration new probelms

doctype delcaration new probelms

My site was working good till I added doctype declaration
    I added

Code:
    <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

now my site does not look good in IE8 it looks good in all other browsers . only in IE 8 it does not look good.

I added the doctype for css position fixed feature , position fixed works but new probelms came up , please advice me , is my doctype declaration correct ?
    I wanted to show my probelm with an image can I upload image to this post I did not find it ? Please help me.

The DOCTYPE needs to match the HTML. Post your URL so we can see what you've got.
    “The power of the Web is in its universality. Access by everyone regardless of disability is an essential aspect.”
    —Tim Berners-Lee, W3C Director and inventor of the World Wide Web

Quote Originally Posted by Charles View Post
    The DOCTYPE needs to match the HTML. Post your URL so we can see what you've got.
    my site meeds login is there any other way I can send you my files ? also mine is java web application built using wicket it uses lot of ajax runtime html can be seen only with firebug console , please suggest me is there any other way

Thread Information