dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Downloading

Hybrid View

Post Downloading

I was asked by a clent to provide a download page, which of course is rather easy, but what they want is a link for the file, which then asks for an email address to be entered, then the download to commence, im pretty sure Javascript can do this, but i am no JS programmer, any help with this?

Thanks!

That is not only a JavaScript matter. The user might disable JavaScript, thus you should use a server-side application as well. Alone or doubled by a JavaScript similar behavior. It is not intricate, but definitely it is not a job for somebody who is not a javascript programmer nor a client-side language programmer. How can you create web sites if you don't know JavaScript?

I didnt say I didn't know Javascript did I? I said i'm no progeammer, as in i can't just pick up from scratch, I can fix things when they go wrong. I will remove myself from this forum if that is the response i'm likely to get from a question.

I also know that it is something I have to do on a server side, as in PHP, but I was looking for some pointers in the right direction, but looks like that will not be found here.

Quote Originally Posted by BullitMagnet View Post
    I didnt say I didn't know Javascript did I? I said i'm no progeammer, as in i can't just pick up from scratch, I can fix things when they go wrong. I will remove myself from this forum if that is the response i'm likely to get from a question.
    You put a question, you get an answer. If you want a solution to a problem in a programming code, post your code and we will correct it. So: post your code. Post your ideas. But don't post a demand for a solution "on key".
    Quote Originally Posted by BullitMagnet View Post
    I also know that it is something I have to do on a server side, as in PHP, but I was looking for some pointers in the right direction, but looks like that will not be found here.
    So you don't know PHP either. The right direction is to learn the languages: JavaScript and PHP. If you would have done that, you would not be here with such a vague idea about what is to be done.

Thread Information