www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Forms question

Forms question

I'm managing content using a CMS (MagicEdit) for our company site and the form submission spits out an email. I'd rather it save to a file so I can keep a record of it but not really sure how to go about doing this. Can anyone help me or at least point me in the right direction? I know some basic HTML but don't have a lot of experience with forms. Thanks.

Well ill tell you right now that html is not your answer. A server side script such as php would be the way to go or maybe even cgi scripts. The form is submitted to an action page which then processes the form data and does with it what you will. php is a very common language that aids in this form handling. I would ask over there in the php section for help with this topic to get a better answer as i am not skilled enough in php to whip out a code for you to do this. Hope this helps point you in the right direction.

Something else you could look into is a new feature in Google Documents. It allows you to visually create a web form and embed it into your site. This also provides all sorts of tracking/statistic features!

The CMS I'm using says in the documentation that it can save to a file or send an email. I thought I followed the instructions correctly, but it's not working.

Thread Information