www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: [RESOLVED] Error converting data type varchar to int.

Hybrid View

resolved [RESOLVED] Error converting data type varchar to int.

CF9, no hot fix, vendorerrorcode 8114.

CFINVOKE calls to a CFFUNCTION in a .cfc, defines what is being passed (properly), but errors saying that a CFPROCRESULT isn't converting a varchar value to int. Well.. I'm not ASKING for any int, it's all varchar that I'm supposed to get back.

What am I missing?

Code:
    <cfinvoke component="components.header" method="content_single" returnvariable="resultset"
    	dbdsn="#request.db_dsn#" dbusr="#request.db_username#" dbpwd="#request.db_password#">
    	<cfinvokeargument name="table" value="#url.table#">
    	<cfif isDefined("url.thisNav") AND len(trim(url.thisNav)) gt 0><cfinvokeargument name="pt" value="#trim(url.thisNav)#"></cfif>
    	<cfif isDefined("url.id") AND val(url.id) gt 0><cfinvokeargument name="id" value="#val(url.id)#"></cfif>
    	<cfif isDefined("url.section") AND len(trim(url.section)) gt 0><cfinvokeargument name="section" value="#trim(url.section)#"></cfif>
    </cfinvoke>
    Code:
    <cffunction name="content_single" access="public">
    <cfargument name="dbdsn" required="yes">
    <cfargument name="dbusr" required="yes">
    <cfargument name="dbpwd" required="yes">
    <cfargument name="pt" required="no">
    <cfargument name="id" required="no">
    <cfargument name="section" required="no">
    <cfargument name="table" required="yes">
    	<cfstoredproc procedure="SRT_sp_#lcase(url.table)#_contents_single" datasource="#dbdsn#" 
            	username="#dbusr#" password="#dbpwd#" 
                result="query_result">
    		<cfprocparam type="In" cfsqltype="CF_SQL_VARCHAR" variable="@table" value="#lcase(table)#" maxlength="30">
        <cfif isDefined("pt") AND len(trim(pt)) gt 0><cfprocparam type="In" cfsqltype="CF_SQL_VARCHAR" variable="@pt" value="#ucase(pt)#" maxlength="12" null="no"></cfif>
        <cfif isDefined("id") AND val(id) gt 0><cfprocparam type="In" cfsqltype="CF_SQL_INTEGER" variable="@id" value="#val(id)#" maxlength="10" null="no"></cfif>
        <cfif isDefined("section") AND len(trim(section)) gt 0><cfprocparam type="In" cfsqltype="CF_SQL_VARCHAR" variable="@section" value="#trim(replace(lcase(section),'_',' ','all'))#" maxlength="20" null="no"></cfif>
                <cfprocresult name="returned_result">
            </cfstoredproc>
    		<cfreturn returned_result>
    	</cffunction>
    ^_^

It's been fixed.

^_^

What was the issue?

I was creating the query within a string and EXEC(thestring) to run the command; I was having some issues with the query, and so I could test it in query analyzer I did a PRINT (thestring) to see what was being used.

Commenting out the PRINT fixed it (it was before the EXEC.)

^_^

Thread Information