dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: beginner website and CSS

beginner website and CSS

hi everybody how are you?
    i want to start a website but i'm a developer beginner (because i'm student)
    and i have 2 questions
    1: what the best language to do a site with interactions, ads...
    2 : do you have some advice for use CSS language please? and some fonction?

please

PS: sorry for my bad english : i'm french!! lol

I suggest starting with just HTML and CSS. Get the basic site sorted out then start learning a scripting language. You will want some Javascript (or JQuery) and at some point some server side scripting, I find PHP easier to learn but asp.Net was more functional. Basically when you get to choosing a server side language ask your host what they support and use that.

Hi,

Just a quick reply. Don't describe yourself as a 'Developer' yet. A developer is a person which develops server side (PHP Applications etc...). As your starting out just on the basic HTML & CSS your known as a 'Designer'. Sorry for being a pain.

Rich

Not entirely. There are plenty of JavaScript developers which is a client side technology obviously. At least in the U.S. you'll see plenty of jobs in the classifieds for "front end developers".

As your starting out just on the basic HTML & CSS your known as a 'Designer'.
    I wouldn't agree with that at all. Sure all designers should be good at HTML and CSS, but I feel their main focus is the actual design and some can get by using Dreamweaver.

"Web Developers" should be able to take any design and make it work.

I call myself a designer not developer. mainly cause i cant do half the things i wish i could.

everything has a ladder. template user, designer, developer, webmaster

Thumbs up

sorry for my long absence but I'm here now !! well I have "developed" my web site !! I have HTML and CSS but I have search some tutorials and I've find w3schools: it's a very Treasure!! and now I start to modify!I've start to add JavaScript in this I have progress I have add windows for comments in all my pages.
    but I've just question : what I should use for protect my website?? I have heard that hackers can add instructions in textbox .. that's affraid me ...

It all depends on how your text boxes are being used. If they are posting data to a database, then you need to be aware of SQL Injection.

Ultimately, if your going to pursue web development you will need to have a markup, style and scripting langauge.

The three I would suggest are HTML 5, CSS and JavaScript.

And if your going to be working with sessions and user data then I would also suggest PHP.

Heres a few sites to help you along.

PHP - www.php.net
    HTML and CSS - www.wctutorials.com and www.mozilla.org/docs/web-developer
    Javascript - www.mozilla.org/docs/web-developer

Thread Information