dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Content overflowing out of table

Content overflowing out of table

http://mystlbands.com/

For some reason the content overflows out of the designated cell (I coded it in a table). I set a div inside the cell for alignment purposes, and inside that div the content is displayed. I switched the div to a table to see if it would fix it, but to no avail.

The right cell needs to expand vertically in accordance to the amount of content so I can't set a fixed height. Does anyone know why this problem would be occurring?

I apologize if the source code is sloppy; a lot of the code is dynamically generated.

It's 2011. You should ditch the table mess and use CSS to properly lay out your page.

But if you're fixated on using tables, it's because the <td> has a width of 692 pixels and those two images at the bottom are each 400 pixels wide so they can't fit on the same line.

Quote Originally Posted by Big O(1) View Post
    It's 2011. You should ditch the table mess and use CSS to properly lay out your page.
    Tables are usually simpler for me and work just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Big O(1) View Post
    But if you're fixated on using tables, it's because the <td> has a width of 692 pixels and those two images at the bottom are each 400 pixels wide so they can't fit on the same line.
    The images are line-breaked, they're not supposed to fit on the same line. They overspill vertically into the bottom cell.

Thread Information