Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: What is this called?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2010

    What is this called?

    Basically i just want to know a modern way of doing this. Attached is a screenshot so you can see what i am trying achieve.

    Its an iframe with tabs along the top, and what every tab that the user clicks on to appear in that section ONLY. However i donít want to use an iframe and i donít know what the terminology is for this either.

    If someone could point me in the fight direction with this i would appreciate it.

    Thanks in advance.


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    well, one way is to do it with css :target selector. you put the content on a deafult of display:none; and the add the target selector and turn it into display:block;
    example: http://jsfiddle.net/moritana/cVnq6/
    the downside to that, tho is that IE dont support the target selector....
    so for IE, you should use javascript, and set the elements "onclick" attribute to do the same thing.
    javascript example http://jsfiddle.net/moritana/aTJED/

    sorry for the clumsiness in the JS, hope it gets the message through.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Thank you! I will give it a try

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
HTML5 Development Center