www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Code Review for a Website

Hybrid View

Question Code Review for a Website

Hello! I'm new here but I have read the forum rules post. I didn't see anything about requesting a code review mentioned. So I'm sorry in advance if it isn't proper to ask for what I am asking for. Please let me know below if this is the case!

I have been developing JavaScript for websites on and off for about a year now, and have recently been working on a website project with a couple friends (the url is http://rqt.fromlifetodeath.com/). The project is about done and I think I'm ready to start telling everyone about it, but I thought I'd have some coders with more experience go through my code and suggest improvements that can no doubt be made. I've tested with the Error Console and run it through JSLint, so there shouldn't be too many worries there. It uses jQuery with no extensions. The code is fairly small so it shouldn't be too much of a hassle, only a couple hundred lines, nonetheless I won't post such a conglomeration here unless it is explicitly requested. Here's a link to the source itself: http://rqt.fromlifetodeath.com/rqtJScript.js.

Thank you!

There is nothing wrong, except that the proper Forum for the Reviews is not this. I will move your thread there. And leave a link to redirect, as probably it might be a JavaScript interest, after all

Well, at a first glance, I see something which is not quite well formatted. You have placed the JavaScript links and codes between </body> and </html>. This is not standard. JavaScript codes should say, most of the time, within the HEAD section of the document. Or, in some well proved and documented situations, the codes may stay within the BODY. Bot not outside the sections of the document (or between them).

It might or it might not bring errors, according to the browser's type. Better stay within standards.

I moved the JavaScript tags to just above the </body> tag, with the exception of putting a link to the Google jQuery up in the head, since that should be cached in most people's browsers and not be a detriment to load time there. I really didn't want to put the Google Analytics code in the head because it would run before the page was even shown, which isn't too desirable a lot of the time.

Thank you for your input!

Thread Information