www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: PHP/MYSQL query chunks

Lightbulb PHP/MYSQL query chunks

Ok, i would have have searched for my answer, but honestly, i dont know what exactly to search for to find the answer. I've googled searched for hours, and spent some time searching this forum and still cant find the answer i'm looking for.

I'm sure that although i cannot find the answer, this question has been asked... so excuse me for annoying anyone.

I need to know, how to query in chunks. For instance, lets say i do a query for all the messages made by a particular user, but the query returned about 100,000 results. How do i make it so that it returns only, say, 100, and when an event is triggered, the next 100 is returned.... and so on, and so on... thanks in advanced...

The search word you want is "pagination" (or "paginate"). Try something like "paginate database query", perhaps?
    "Please give us a simple answer, so that we don't have to think, because if we think, we might find answers that don't fit the way we want the world to be."
    ~ Terry Pratchett in Nation

eBookworm.us

THANK YOU! that helps alot! my biggest problem was not knowing what to call it.

Thread Information