Hi there

I'm running two different forms on one page.Each form goes to a different place - one form does stuff on a different server and one form does stuff on the same server.

This is being accomplished by using the following script (found here on WebDeveloper)

HTML Code:
<script language='javascript'>
<!--
function doit()
{
document.form1.submit();
document.form2.submit();
}
-->

</script>
</head>
The first form starts like this:

HTML Code:
            <form id='form1' name='form1' action="http://www.coolcart.net/shop/coolcart.aspx/starkeepsakes" method='POST'>
The second form starts like this:

HTML Code:
                        <form id='form2' name="form2" method="POST" action="attachscript.php" enctype="multipart/form-data" target='_blank'> 
There is no submit function in the forms.

After the two forms are listed, there's one link that processes both forms at the same time when clicked:

HTML Code:
            <div align="center"><a href='javascript:doit()'>Click Here To Submit</a></div>
Here's the good news: THIS WORKS. This is not the problem.

The problem is my client wants most/all of the content in form2 to be filled out. If the fields are not filled out, then something happened that says in effect "yo. fill that out!"

I've tried to use javascript validation scripts and they don't work. Presumably because they depend upon

HTML Code:
<input type="submit" name="submit">
Which is NOT how the form is told to post.

So.... Any ideas? The client is FREAKING that "something so simple" (her words, not mine) can't be done.

Thanks!