dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: webdeveloper.com - once a day, and it's annoying

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R Jones View Post
    But since you know the ads aren't going away - you're learning to live with it. Right
    No. I'm done. Goodbye and good riddance. Mostly because of the REDIRECT not being removed, but also because I can't stand smug assholes who over-estimate the value of what they are doing, and are convinced that their "service" cannot be replaced.
    Last edited by WolfShade; 04-27-2012 at 10:32 AM.

FWIW...I get sent back to the ad continuously at random...sometimes I see it only when arriving to the forum, and other times I get thrown back as though I just arrived after browsing threads. It sounds/looks to me like something isn't quite working properly.

Thanks... The IT and AD department people are looking into making sure the AD works properly.

It seems to work fine for me using FF 11.0

Quote Originally Posted by criterion9 View Post
    FWIW...I get sent back to the ad continuously at random...sometimes I see it only when arriving to the forum, and other times I get thrown back as though I just arrived after browsing threads. It sounds/looks to me like something isn't quite working properly.

I just saw it come up again as well, so something is not correct. We already have people looking at it to make sure it is working correctly. I'll let them know we have multiple people saying something is off.

Note that if you have cookies turned off in your browser, that -might- cause it to show multiple times.

Quote Originally Posted by WolfShade View Post
    And now it has successfully interfered with my ability to post an answer to someone's question in the JavaScript forum. I had a nice solution all typed out, and when I clicked the POST button, I get that ****ing ad, again, and when I click the link to skip the ad, I get a blank page. Refreshing does nothing, it's still a blank page.

When I go through and find the post again, my solution has not been entered. Gone. Lost.

I HATE THE AD REDIRECT!
    I've had similar things happen on other sites, type something out, then the site decides to die as you hit submit

Now, if I ever write a long post, I ctrl+c the field before hitting submit because sods law, the site or my connection will decide to die right at that moment,

Good luck finding another site where you know and trust some of the guys for ten years
    Quote Originally Posted by WolfShade View Post
    No. I'm done. Goodbye and good riddance. Mostly because of the REDIRECT not being removed, but also because I can't stand smug assholes who over-estimate the value of what they are doing, and are convinced that their "service" cannot be replaced.
    I have to chime in here and kind of agree with WolfShade. This isn't the only web development forum on the internet. Hell, it's not even the busiest. If somebody wants to look elsewhere to find a more tolerable forum to deal with, then it's rather easy to do. I post on other forums. I know others here do since I see their aliases there as well. The ten year aspect doesn't factor into it. It's the quality of info that you get from the forum. Again, not exactly that difficult to find elsewhere.

It seems to work fine for me using FF 11.0
    Which the OP has stated they aren't using while at work since work limits them to IE.

Quote Originally Posted by spufi View Post
    Which the OP has stated they aren't using while at work since work limits them to IE.
    Spufi - I don't do web development. Do you?

It's my understanding that getting members here to post their browser version number and a Works/Doesn't Work statement would assist our guys in determining where the problems might be.

So far we know that IE7 has issues and FF 11 doesn't.

I browse with Firefox with the AdBlock add-on, so I don't even know what you guys are talking about.
    "Please give us a simple answer, so that we don't have to think, because if we think, we might find answers that don't fit the way we want the world to be."
    ~ Terry Pratchett in Nation

eBookworm.us

Hey folks, long time no speak. Yeah I found that ad very annoying, too. Actually all ads are annoying, wherever they appear.

Hi JP, hope you're keeping well?

Yup, great, thanks. I work for CNBC now. Senior developer on their web and mobile sites. How goes?

Wow that's great, glad to hear it worked out for you!

Im ok thanks, just contracting as per usual. Getting a bit tired of it to be honest!

If you lived a bit closer I could get you a job. I got one for one of my former coworkers at draft, where I worked before CNBC. There is tons of work in this city and the surrounding areas for developers these days. I had to pull my resumes off the web because they wouldn't leave me alone. Recruiters constantly emailing and calling, 6-12 per day. Ever thought of venturing across the pond?

Oh and hello Charles.

My issues with the ads are happening on chrome.

Thread Information