www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: PHP framework survey

PHP framework survey

Hi, I am doing my final year at university @ Software Engineering and I am doing a research for my final project, so I kindly ask for 5 minutes of your time to answer this simple survey:
    http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/56TKYR7

Very much appreciated!

Filled it in.

I have to do 3 of these for one of my assignments. sigh.

Fin. Let us know what you find.
    Jon Wire

thepointless.com | rounded corner generator

I agree with Apple. Flash is just terrible.

Use CODE tags!

Completed. I'd also be interested in the results.

Also a side note, it is "choice" not "choise".

Thanks guys, yes I will post the results once I have them in about 2 months when I finish the project.

Personally I also use my own custom built php engine, but I have always been curious to know if there is a "tool" somewhere "out there" which would speed up the development process. So that is what my research is about.

After analyzing this survey and couple of other empirical research methods I will rewrite one of my projects in one of the suggested php frameworks and compare the development processes.

Quote Originally Posted by ruudkkk View Post
    Thanks guys, yes I will post the results once I have them in about 2 months when I finish the project.

Personally I also use my own custom built php engine, but I have always been curious to know if there is a "tool" somewhere "out there" which would speed up the development process. So that is what my research is about.

After analyzing this survey and couple of other empirical research methods I will rewrite one of my projects in one of the suggested php frameworks and compare the development processes.
    Just keep in mind that the real savings show up -- assuming they do -- not so much on the first project using a given framework, but on successive projects. The first time will require learning and some trial-and-error to find out how to best incorporate the framework (or finding out it's not the right tool for the given job ).
    "Please give us a simple answer, so that we don't have to think, because if we think, we might find answers that don't fit the way we want the world to be."
    ~ Terry Pratchett in Nation

eBookworm.us

Yes, I have thought of that too, so I hope to analyze more the theoretically possible solutions. But of course I am pretty sure that one of the conclusions will be that "there is still a lot of research to be done.." But that is ok, we have to start somewhere!

Thread Information