dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Javascript Problem With FF 4.0

Javascript Problem With FF 4.0

I've just updated to FF 4.0 and a couple of area's of my site aren't working as they should any more (the software i use is a little dated so it's expected really).

The problem i'm having seems to be with sending javascript array's through a form...they worked fine on the last version i had of FF(must have been 3.8 or 3.9) and works fine on the current version of Google Chrome. My current version of Safari seems to handle it in the same way as FF 4.0 though too...

Does anyone know of any functionality that might be related that's been taken out or changed in the newest version of FireFox? Thanks

How about a URL?

The newest version of firefox is not a final release, but a 'candidate', and has a lot of rough edges.
    The last stable version was 3.6.
    I wouldn't work too hard to address ff4 problems until they get beyond the release 'candidate' stage.

Quote Originally Posted by mrhoo View Post
    The newest version of firefox is not a final release, but a 'candidate', and has a lot of rough edges.
    The last stable version was 3.6.
    I wouldn't work too hard to address ff4 problems until they get beyond the release 'candidate' stage.
    It is the final release. Since the 22nd of March.
    http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/fx/

Wow- thank you, Kor. the Release-candidate was up for less than a week.
    The final version added 2.5 mb-
    Last edited by mrhoo; 03-24-2011 at 11:37 AM.

I am not so happy about the new version. It's rather a copy of Chrome . I don't like where they put the Bookmarks (as I have to fly my mouse from right to left to right to left and so on whenever circling trough sub folders... I don't like the minimal design of the JavaScript alerts. FF4 already crashed 2 times today when I used the DreamWeaver F12 (open document in the main browser), and things like that...

Thank God that FireBug for FF4 Final Release was immediately ready (because it did not work for FF4 RC version)...

Thread Information