www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: streaming live video feeds?

streaming live video feeds?

Is there an easy way to set this up on a website, i have a website letsgolol.com and its like a live comedy type deal, and I dont want to run it on justin tv or ustream, I would liek to run it on my server, is this possible and are there any scripts out there that are free or arent 5000000 USD?

The reason so many people use justinTV or uStream is because it's fairly expensive to have your own streaming web server.
    To start with, you will need a dedicated server to install the streaming application on. So check with your current Web host for options on switching your account to a "dedicated server". Then you will need to install the streaming server application.
    For a more non-technical approach, you can use the Adobe Flash Media Server:
    http://www.adobe.com/products/flashmediaserver/
    fairly costly for a license but not as technically challenging to install as the open source (and free) Red5 streaming server:
    http://www.red5.org/
    While the code is free to download, it can be pretty complicated to install and get working.
    But with either option, you will still need to have a dedicated server to install the applications on. So see what kind of a deal you can work out with your Web host and then you can decide for yourself if it's worth it or not.
    Best wishes,
    Eye for Video
    www.cidigitalmedia.com

wow thanks, yeah i have a dedicated server, actually have 2 of them, and im fairly savvy on the install world, just dont know what to do in this area

Well then maybe Red5 is something you can try... won't cost anything but a little time to get started.
    Best of luck!
    Eye for Video

Thread Information