www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Best practice

Best practice

So the bosses decided that the pictures in a section of the site are bigger than they'd like (they size they previously chose) I'm wondering if you guys think it would be better to download all the images and batch resize them in photoshop or if I should just resize them all with php (they are getting smaller).

I suppose it would depend to some degree on the number of pictures involved and how fast your internet connection is, as that would determine how long it would take to download and then upload them if you go the Photoshop route, plus I don't happen to know how easy/fast or difficult/slow it is to set up the Photoshop batch action. On the other hand, I suspect I could whip up a PHP script to re-size them in maybe an hour at the most (including local testing), then just upload that single PHP file to that directory and let it loose on the images (after making back-up copies just in case). However, I don't know that either way is "best", just more convenient/cost-effective depending on your specific situation and skills.
    "Please give us a simple answer, so that we don't have to think, because if we think, we might find answers that don't fit the way we want the world to be."
    ~ Terry Pratchett in Nation

eBookworm.us

Thread Information