If you can offer any feedback in the following areas, I'd appreciate it:
... Which is basically to let folks add, vote on, and share not-adages. I'm hoping to accumulate quotes that fall into 3 categories:
* Those that are non-profound because most everyone says at some point: A wise man once said, "Sure, I'll have more coffee."
* Those that share something with an actual adage: A wise man once said, "You can lead a horse to water, but why not something cooler, like a dragon?"
* Those that are completely nonsensical: A wise man once said, "By Jove! It's raining piglets and butterscotch!"
What do you think of the concept?
I'd like to ditch the pointlistings name. While it may suit the non-purpose of the site to have a name that's totally unrelated to the content, I'd like something here that's at least somewhat indicative of the content. I've got a few names I'm batting around on my own -- but, if you have any suggestions, I'd love to hear them!
Is it intuitive and pretty? Or ugly and confusing?
How would you bootstrap something like this? Given the social nature, I'd think, if this sort of thing could be successful, it would need a small flood of initial entries and votes to encourage further interaction.
* What sort of tagline might you plaster on other pages within the site to pique intrest?
* Would you offer any sort of "title reward" for the most popular quote after a week or two? A Wise Guy Award that folks can show off on FB or something?
* Free Angry Stickman T-Shirt for most popular entry after 1 or 2 weeks?
* Other thoughts?
Please hold your criticisms of the markup for now! I'm aware of the grossly non-compliant tags. I was playing around, and I intend on fixing the markup (and associated script) in a week or two. And if you have no idea what I'm talking about, I'll direct you to the non-compliant markup.