www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: ASUS without drivers?!?...

Exclamation ASUS without drivers?!?...

I've restored a relatively old PC (Pentium 4 @3,20Mhz / MB Asus P5GD2 Deluxe) in order to give it to my brother. I've formatted the hard disk and installed successfully Windows 7.

The motherboard installation disk wasn't yet useful because the system says that the old drivers is not supported. So i've got the latest updates from WindowsUpdate, but no drivers for the soundcard and other motherboard hardware had been found!

The soundchip in the Asus P5GD2 Deluxe motherboard is a C-Media with Realtek software, and from the main Asus suopport site there isn't any driver for Windows 7!...

How that could be possibile with a major brand like Asus? Anyone had similar issues with that motherboard or other Asus hardware?
    Last edited by MrSnowDrop; 04-15-2011 at 06:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSnowDrop View Post
    How that could be possible with a major brand like Asus?
    It's very possible. Manufacturers won't support legacy products forever. At some point they have to drop support for it. You won't see modern drivers for old components anymore. The Pentium 4 is over 10 years old which is ancient in terms of computers. An upgrade is highly recommended, as Windows 7 won't run too well on that old hardware.

Thread Information