www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Need some advice re wallpaper site.

Need some advice re wallpaper site.

Ive been at this for 2 days now and cant work it out. Im a student, learning Javascript as part of our course although i really dont have much interest in it mainly due family commitments and work, anyway have to get it done!

By the way please dont flame me for being a leech, im aware this is my first post here, but been searching and asking for a while now, and this forum looks pretty active so i may have found a new home depending on the topics here. I digress.

Anyway it is assignment time -- i have a small amount of knowledge of basic syntax etc. Been tasked to make a wallpaper website, fairly straight forward if i knew what i were doing. Needs an intro page, a js wallpaper calculator, and also some rollover images on the side advertising some phone companies etc. One more js touch, email validation - i was thinking having 2 pages, one intro, one with the calcuator on it, when clicking to the calculator page, some sort of pop up asking for email, if it isnt verified it will either ask again or return to the home page. Looking around there are a fair few ways to validate email, im looking for the simplest. With fear of sounding lazy, it is something i really just have to get in and pass, really dont need to fly at it - at least a bit of honestly!
    The calculator needs like 3 options, wall length, height, and choice of roll, then some simple maths should produce a result. Im thinking this is done in a html form, and each cell named? is this the right way to go?

I havent tried the rolllover adverts yet as ive been trying to work out how to do the rest, so i will not ask about them yet until ive gave it a fair crack of the whip myself.

Any advice (basic please!) on how would be the best and simplest way to approach this. As said i dont need to blow minds, i need to pass criteria, and it has come to the point that i need some sort of guidance - ive watched loads of tutorials from lynda.com (well the first few hours anyway) and some at w3 schools but email validation comes under 'advanced ' a lot of the time and there is just too much to take in - feeling overwhelmed already and i bet this is a really simple application to make.

Fingers crossed,

Kind regards

Alan

I'd go mainly with damask patterns, floral designs tend to look a little garish on many webbrowsers.

Quote Originally Posted by mrhoo View Post
    I'd go mainly with damask patterns, floral designs tend to look a little garish on many webbrowsers.
    Thanks for your reply, but i dont get you? sorry

Alan

Thread Information