www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: One page to display a pdf

One page to display a pdf

hi
    i am looking for a script that allows me to put a link on a page to another page with a pdf viewer so the pdf viewer on that page will display a specific pdf but that also allows me to link to the same page with the pdf viewer from a different page but so that the pdf viewer displays a different pdf i have had no luck in finding one and dont have the skills to program to myself
    please you help

James

Just create a link

From my understanding all you need to do is link to the PDF. It will bring it up like a PDF reader. This works as long as the user has the PDF reader installed. If they do not have it installed they will prompted to. This is the only way I have heard of to do it.

Hy
    I didn't understand to well, but maybe it helps you this answer.
    You can use the html <object> tag to display a pdf in a web page.
    Code:
    <object type="application/pdf" data="dir/file.pdf" width="300" height="200">
     Alt: <a href="dir/file.pdf">file.pdf</a>
    </object>

thanks but what i mean is a page dedicated to displaying pdf files so that the pdf can be as big as possible without page text and boundarys limithing the abount of space on the page

If you mean a page dedicated to displaying pdf files so that the pdf can be as big as possible without page text and boundarys limithing the abount of space on the page, you can implement a page web zooming plugin to freely adjust the pdf page size to the best viewing effect.

Thread Information