www.webdeveloper.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I have 400000 backlinks and PageRank 1?

Thumbs up

Plz check you bad neighborhood links in you backlinks ? if you have 1-10 bad neighborhood links you can not get good pr,if you want Good PR get Good Quality or Niche backlinks to your website or Remove all bad neighborhood links and you will get with in 3 Month Good Page rank.

Thanks and regards,
    Ravi Chayal

Thumbs up Tips of making backlinks

Yes i am agree with Joe quality of backlinks is more important than quantity of backlinks. If you made 400000 qualityless baclinks of your website then all this backlinks are worthless. Google don't consider these backlinks.

Also do below mentioned things with link building:

1. Social bookmarking
    2. Directory Submission
    3. Reciprocal Linking
    4. Sharing of URL in yahoo answers and Social networking websites.

I appreciate your suggestions, but all of you guys are saying that "bad" backlinks are bad for me. What if I make a few hundred spammy websites and link to my competitor's website?

I have several backlinks from PR6 websites, and many from PR1-3 websites. Even though half of the backlinks or more are from PR0 sites.

Well it is possible all your links come from PR0 sites. Or maybe your site hasn't been updated yet. You should probably wait around for the next PR update. Also - it would be good to seek some backlinks from high PR sites. PR3 and above.

I remember saying this before somewhere, but I have several links from PR6 sites, and many from PR1, PR2, and PR3 sites.
    I added a line in my plugin that fetches the PR of the homepage of the website that the plugin is loaded in. The plugin will only add a link back to my site if the PR is at least 1. I'll see if this fixes my problem. Thanks everyone.
    "When Life Gives You Questions, Google has Answers"

OH MY GOD Google did a PageRank update last night and now my website's PageRank is 7!!!

You can check for yourself: http://linksku.com/

YESS!
    "When Life Gives You Questions, Google has Answers"

Quote Originally Posted by linksku View Post
    OH MY GOD Google did a PageRank update last night and now my website's PageRank is 7!!!

You can check for yourself: http://linksku.com/

YESS!
    This is the reason, people were just talking non-sense without knowledge. Google updates it's page rank periodically. So you had to wait for the pr update until you can find out your real pr.

tool bar pr!= real pr by the way.

Congratz with pr 7 I can see you got a link from wikipedia as well .

How did you got that many backlinks, did you use any kind of software? and How long you have been building links for your site?

the main factor could be not relevant links and the second not quality link these are the major factors to get high page rank

Backlink alone cant make your Site high ranking.
    u do both onpage and offpage optimization in a valid sites which has high page rank and more cache ratio.

You seem to have a very unstable page rank. Your current page rank is now 5.

Seems very strange to me. I think something is set up badly wrong with your

site when considering all those number of backlinks. Are you selling backlink

or do you use hidden text or hidden links? This might be the reason of your unstable

page rank, but I'm not sure. With those number of backlinks, you should be fairly pr6 atleast.
    Last edited by ramin1360_2; 08-14-2011 at 12:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by joe12joe View Post
    The quality of the backlinks may not be very good. Whenever you are developing backlinks of your website, you will have to keep in mind that you will stress more on quality rather than quantity. You will have to understand the purpose of backlinks and that is link popularity but it should not be done unnaturally or i would say unethically.

While developing backlinks, you always have to make sure that you are creating backlinks from high PR and relevant site. Otherwise, Google would not value them as a backlink.
    am agree with you, always go for quality and same niche backlinks can improve ranking and Pr.

You can't say quality over quantity is important because you must have some quality amonst the 400000 link. How did you manage to get so many links? If your paying to use link farms your site can actually be penalised. Your PR5 now so it looks like your where you should be.

Hi,

Don't go nuts over PR. The PageRank value you see in toolbars or on a „PageRank checker‟ website gives a bad indication and is often not even up to date. Moreover – and I quote a friend Google employee – “a PageRank doesn’t say much about the success of your website. It is just one out of more than 200 factors which determine the ranking of your website in Google“.

I never bother about PR. I never check it, honest!!!

I took a quick look at your website. Your website isn't the kind of website which would gather its success via SEO (on the first sight). Rather focus on a solid marketing strategy using other sources ;-) (like those links from your WP plugin)

Best,
    Christophe
    Last edited by Christophe27; 09-18-2011 at 03:56 PM.

Don't take tense. But I want to say that create a related categorized back link for your website. Its a great method.

Thread Information