www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: What is good software for creating web graphics?

What is good software for creating web graphics?

What is recommended for creating web graphics such as buttons, background images, etc., in addition to some light photo editing? I used Photoshop and Illustrator years ago, but need something cheaper. How is Photoshop Elements for creating these types of images?

Photoshop is definitely the best, but if you need something cheaper, actually free, try Gimp. It is a free light program and can work pretty well, especially if you are experienced with with Photoshop.

I use GIMP which is completely free and has a large library of extensions. I use this because it is open source, so it is free. I can make backgrounds edit photos, etc. If I am messing with vector graphics I use Inkscape which is also Open Source and free to design graphics.
    Ryan Condron
    Freelance Web Developer
    http://www.rebelwebdevelopment.com

If your looking for some 3d art you can also use Blender 3d which again is free and there are loads of tutorials on using it!

Quote Originally Posted by Anna Hussie View Post
    What is recommended for creating web graphics such as buttons, background images, etc., in addition to some light photo editing? I used Photoshop and Illustrator years ago, but need something cheaper. How is Photoshop Elements for creating these types of images?
    Adobe Photoshop and illustrator are best and are always recommended to create button, background images and different kind of graphics.

If you can afford it photoshop is really the best one, if not I would go with gimp

I prefer to use Adobe Photoshop, if you need to try it trial version is available for downloading.

http://www.gimp.org

Hands down the best and it's free... that is, if you don't want to spring for Photoshop...

Thread Information