www.webdeveloper.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SEO And Search Engines

SEO And Search Engines

Search Engine Optimization has different technique for different search engines. For example: If you are trying to dominate on Google, you work on quality backlinks and that is not a case in Yahoo and Bing. Do you consider optimizing your website for all of the search engine or just Google considering Google drives the most of the web traffic. What are your views about it?

I wish Google wouldn't work based on backlinks rating which cause nowadays linkspam, but what else than quality web content and proper metadata will help...

Moderator says: no promo links allowed

I cross-reference for some, but for the last 2 years I mostly go by Google. Throughout experience, I found that most of my clients and my client's client's use mostly Google, although lately I've seen increase in Bing. It is always useful to consider who the end-user of the website is; if it is mostly gamers or sudens on MAC, it would be one result, if it mostly business professionals within medical field using PCs, it would be something else to consider.
    Absence of a result is a result, unless defined otherwise.

Though the procedure of google SEO differs from other search engines but it has been in my experience that optimizing on Google helps small improvements in yahoo ranking.

I target google only.

Google, mostly. As we provide SEO services, I can say that the majority of clients are interested in Google alone.
    In rare occasions, we can invest in SEO for other search engines as well.

I believe that our optimization is sufficient only for google
    I do not need another search engine
    They are almost no effect

Yes Google brings most of the traffic as Google captured 70 percent market search itself. And In other 30 percent all comes. Do only for google and it works and backlinks and content of website.

Every search engines give results based on their own algorithms then Google rankings are based on quality of content and back links. It is sufficient for making target for Google only but we can target other search engines for better results.

I prefer Google for site promotions. Because Google's guidelines are more strict than other search engines.

Generally we do search engine optimization for bringing our site in top position in search engines......
    In more common we can say that SEO is to promote our site in SEARCH ENGINE.

Absolutely right. Google want consider quality backlinks. but first is what's client want with u. Client target only for google traffic. Accept google term. And client want other search engines target other search engine terms. simple!!!

well, google rely more on quality content and quality of back links, yahoo and bing is more on on - page/ site elements.

Yes of course, we use different techniques and rules for optimize a website.

seo is the unique technique, can you optimize your web site in search engine. you can
    promote your product with online. and your web site get top rank in the seo.

also every seo has his/her own point of views.. for example.. link wheel VS link push.. which is better.. Wordpress VS Blogger... but there is also a saying "It's easy to say that your're an SEO, but It's not that easy to say that you're an effective one"

Thread Information