dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Creating a video streaming website

Creating a video streaming website

For about a month now, I've been trying endlessly to find a solution to my problem. I've needed to host a video streaming website to share videos for myself and my friends. I've tried cms solutions like clipbucket, cumulusclips, and phpmotion, but I have yet to get one working, always resulting in an error in the FFMPEG codecs or just a php related error. In the end, I would be the only one uploading anything, so I really don't have a use for their multi-user uploading capabilities. All I really need is a way for myself to upload a video, have it converted to multiple formats so mobile viewing would be plausible, and displayed on a page, where preferably, users could search for a video on a main page. I possess no knowledge of PHP programming but I am able to throw something together in HTML/CSS and understand linux/webhosting well enough to get a site up and running. Hardware will not be an issue. I'm just not sure how I would accomplish this, something simple like a way for a new webpage to be created with a custom player in the center would be better than what I'm using now (default apache server with files in a directory). Any help or suggestions would be appreciated as I've hit a wall and have basically run out of free php scripts to try out. Thank you so much.

Hey CC, you might want to look into an idea as simple as this?

http://www.w3schools.com/html/tryit....tml5_video_all

That would be perfect for what I am doing, is it possible to automate the html file creation process for every file I have in the web directory?

Aaah, you want some sort of upload structure... dude your going to have to get a little blood on ya hands ...

Baby steps.. check this out for a very basic example..

http://youtu.be/MpRRckA2Bo8

then
    1. learn whats involved in building a batabse
    2. make a basic structure like the vid
    3. learn to customize it a little to your needs
    4. come back here and ask the gang to check the code and how to do it more efficiently..

go that far and those far more skilled than I will back you up.. seeing your making the effort!

Luck

Thread Information