www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Stop running script. A script on this page is causing Internet Explorer to run slowly

Stop running script. A script on this page is causing Internet Explorer to run slowly

Hi,

I am working in an application where either sometimes if I navigate to few pages or add few items, I am getting an "STOP SCRIPT" pop up in IE7 browser. I have been trying hard to resolve it but not finding any resolution which will help me clearing this issue for entire application in one go.

Could you please help me on this? Please find the attachment.
    Attached Images Attached Images

A picture is of no help. We need to test the error, thus please post a link to a test page.

Quote Originally Posted by Kor View Post
    A picture is of no help. We need to test the error, thus please post a link to a test page.
    Thanks! But its not an end-user application so you can not view the URL. There are options in which I can add 10 elements to a page through ADD button. After adding 8th element, I get this script stop message. I know this has to do something with the interval setting for script execution. But I am wondering if there's any generic code fix to resolve it. Please help!

We can not help you without seeing the code. Do you think we have a magic bowl? Could be trillions of reasons.

@kor oh man, that was funny, magic bowl . You're awesome, Kor.

@ayusman.mohanty - Would you show a mechanic a picture of your car and say " It doesnt start, what should I do?" - Kor couldn't be more correct. we have to see your code so we can help! - also have you tried testing your application with firefox, using the firebug add on? It could potentially help you pinpoint where the issue is coming into play.

Will send you the code tomorrow...

Thread Information