www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: How to make text stay in the center of the page

How to make text stay in the center of the page

Hi. I have simple page with "rubber" header and footer 20% each, 60% is my content space. Text should stay in the content right in the middle and take spase of 20% of the screen as well as header or footer (or 1/3 of the content region). Anybody can help me plz?
    Here how my page should look like
    http://img854.imageshack.us/img854/2417/webj.jpg

your link is not working.
    If you just want to keep your text in center then use the center tag.
    I think is the basic for HTML

Code

I need text to stay not just in the center of the line, but in the center of the whole page and size to be not in pixels, but in %, 20% of the screen, I don't know if it is possible at all. Can anybody help me with code?

You should just set your margins to auto.

margin-left:auto;
    margin-right;auto;

but how about top and bottom? And I need it to be always 1/3 of the content (or 20% of the whole page). So when you restore down the window the text would stay in line and would not divide in two or three lines.
    here is the example http://img854.imageshack.us/img854/2417/webj.jpg (if this link doesn't work for some reason from this forum, try to copy and paste plz)

does anybody know how to solve this problem ?

I'm guessing you want the content text to be center and 1/3 of space between the header and footer. If that's what you meant you need to apply this to the content area?
    HTML Code:
    margin-top: 33.3%;
              margin-bottom: 33.3%;
    can you be a bit more specific?
    that would help us solve ur problem

Specifics would help. I would create a div in css set the margin to 0 and padding to whatever you want to space from the top.

If you want something to remain 'glued' to the bottom of the page, look at the CSS on my robots generator page. The link is in my signature.

I have 'glued' an advert for my MetaTagGenerator in the footer on the right hand side and it stays there. You can use this same technique to fix your header or footer.

I've used a static menu like this on TheSearchEngineList.com - go and have a look to see how it works with a header.

Thanks, but if somobody could give me a code for whole body would be nice, cuz I'm very very beginner

Maybe the best way to start is with a template that does what you want already.

You can download a lot of free Open Source Web Designs that you can modify - you can certainly find one that does what you want it to do.

http://www.oswd.org - Open Source Web Designs.

Good luck!

No, I don't want a template, and there are no such template I need. Here is the test page http://design.pindosiya.com/ I need this text in the middle to stay in one line and take about 20% of the whole page all the time, I mean when you restore down the page this text should not split.
    And another question, I need to do menu in the middle of that footer to look like three columns, and I don't want it to look like links.
    And I need it to look the same in every browser.
    Guys I will really appreciate the full code. Thank you

Thread Information