When I run this script, the download dialog pops up but it only downloads about 1kb of the movie. In IE downloads it as "Last Night", no extension, and Firefox downloads it simply as "Last" with no extension. Chrome gets the filename and extension fine.
Don't know if it has anything to do with it but when I turn off "display errors" Chrome gives me "This webpage is not available".
Remove the second parameter to basename(), as that is stripping off the file name suffix. Also, you may want to urlencode() the file name if it could contain spaces or other potentially problematic characters.
"Please give us a simple answer, so that we don't have to think, because if we think, we might find answers that don't fit the way we want the world to be."
~ Terry Pratchett in Nation
Thanks for the replies. No luck, though. I tried taking all the spaces and any special characters out of the file name, I tried a relative link, I also tried another file, an mp4 and got the same results.
I'm starting to think this may be a problem with my apache configuration. It is finding the file, if I use the wrong path the dialog just won't pop up.