www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Need some help on this one please

Need some help on this one please

Can someone take a look at the coding on the following website.

http://www.bloomingpaws.net/dev/

On some browsers it is showing the footer on top of it's self and the page sometimes will scroll left and right. The page should be centered with the navigation, slider, footer, and the text in the tan to span across the page. I would really appreciate any help you can give me here.

I'm using the Responsive theme by Cyber Chimps and changing it up to look like my design. FYI- There is some movement because of the slider plugin that I'm still working out with their developers.

Thanks so much for all your help!!

chertsey, a small town s.w. of london, england.
    Hi there jennl83,

and a warm welcome to these forums.

The first thing that you must do is rectify the document's 40 coding errors, shown here...

coothead

Thank you so much for the warm welcome and help. I have fixed all the errors on that page that are not associated with the plugin (ShowBiz). There are still 17 but they are all in the plugin and the developer for that is looking into that portion. Do you have any other suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by coothead View Post
    Hi there jennl83,

and a warm welcome to these forums.

The first thing that you must do is rectify the document's 40 coding errors, shown here...

coothead

chertsey, a small town s.w. of london, england.
    Hi there jennl83,

try changing this...
    Code:

#footer-contact-connect { 
      float:right;  
      margin-right:530px; 
      margin-top:-210px; 
      color:#794400; 
    }
    ...to this...
    Code:

#footer-contact-connect { 
      clear:both; 
      color:#794400; 
    }
    coothead

you can take these suggestions by them

Okay I have figured out the footer problem now. Thank you very much for your help. Now I just have a question on why content on header, navigation, container, and footer will not stay centered with the tan, brown, and orange spanning no matter the size of the screen. If someone could look at that and see what I've missed I would greatly appreciate it!! Thanks again!!

Hi. In your code I can see that almost all parts of your website are designed to be less than 1008px wide but not the footer. #footer has width set to 1008px and margins (left and right) set to 50px. This is one of the reasons that horizontal scrollbar appears on my 1024x768px monitor. I don't know what are global design standards, but in Poland (which I came from) almost 10% of internet users are still using monitors with 1024x768 resolution. 10% is a big amount I think, so in my opinion websites should be designed for this resolution (for 1024px width to be more precise). Horizontal bar shouldn't appear on such monitors.

There is also something strange with 'div class="iphone-image"'. It has width: 211px, left-margin: 920px; rigth-margin: -296px. The sum is 835px, but due to relative/absolute positoning of your layout it makes the layour much wider, bigger horizontal scrollbar appears and on my 1024x768x resolution it appears outside the screen.

Thread Information