www.webdeveloper.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I want to learn how to build a website. Where should I start?

I would suggest you : www.codecademy.com
    Here you can Learn : HTML , CSS , PHP , JQUERY and alot of other programming/coding languages .

Quote Originally Posted by noahwilson View Post
    You can be learn about web developing online with the help of w3school.com this is best site of web developing tutorial.
    There are some who would disagree.
    "Please give us a simple answer, so that we don't have to think, because if we think, we might find answers that don't fit the way we want the world to be."
    ~ Terry Pratchett in Nation

eBookworm.us

Suggestion

Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf24 View Post
    What sites should I go to. What books should I read? Should I go about learning in a certain order? What should my study plan be? Etc.
    Hi lonewolf, well I'm in the same boat. A newbie. Yes, learning theory by going to the mentioned sites is a great way. In addition, you can watch videos on youtube, and club theory and practical. There are many channels with good info. I'm also doing the same thing.

Best!

If you want to learn how to create a website in cms like wordpress than use this link: http://createmyownwebsite.co/ there is a step by step dummy guides on how to make a website

Lot of good advice in this thread. Here's what I did--maybe it will work for you:

1. Do a web search for "free css website templates"
    2. Find one you like, and use a text editor to just start changing things to get the template the way you like it. In order to do so, you can use the resources mentioned here to see how changing the CSS or the HTML changes the end result. It's a hands-on method of learning. Good luck!

I agree totally. It is not necessary to learn HTML to create your own site. I have built my very own site without HTML knowledge just with the help of a free course I found on the internet.

It seems like everyone either has or wants a website. For the latter group--those who don't have a web site--it might seem like a daunting task, to start a website. In reality, starting a website can be very simple.

There are essentially just three main components to every website:

1.Domain name
    2.Web Hosting
    3.The Website Code/Design

Try out with the below link:

http://kickass.to/build-your-own-web...-t7268041.html

Hope this helps.
    strad solutionswww.stradsolutions.com

You have to start with HTML and CSS languages. These are the base of a website. After learning these, you can wither choose JavaScript or PHP as your next step for creating dynamic websites. Thenewboston.org and codeacademy are the best websites for the beginners.
    Here is the link for both the websites-
    http://thenewboston.org/tutorials.php
    http://www.codecademy.com/
    Halwits - Website and Software Development Company

I would suggest : w3schools.com = All in one !

Quote Originally Posted by mangan View Post
    I would suggest : w3schools.com = All in one !
    And I'll repeat: some people would disagree. (See this section of that page for some alternatives.)
    "Please give us a simple answer, so that we don't have to think, because if we think, we might find answers that don't fit the way we want the world to be."
    ~ Terry Pratchett in Nation

eBookworm.us

you should learn HTML->CSS->Javascript, jQuery-> PHP. This is the way to build a new website. Contact via my skype:quangduck8d. I can help you make a new website. That's all free.

for the web development you should first learn the HTML. or visit the learning tutorial as a beginner this definitely going to help you. only HTML would not be sufficient also learn the listed languages; CSS, JavaScript, HTML5 it would be nice if you learn the PHP because it has the nice boom now a days. The reason behind that it's easy to use, cheap and user friendly. For the tutorial i recommend you the w3school.com. it's perfect cause they have also the live example of each tutorial.

W3schools has been the best free resource for newbies and carries interactive tutorials on almost every aspect of web development. If you're looking for paperback version, then I'd recommend "The Web Book - Build Static and Dynamic Websites". I'm a web enthusiast and always put every new title to my collection. I recommend this book not only because it contains recipes on five core web technologies including HTML, CSS, JavaScript, PHP and MySQL but, also demonstrates how to put these building blocks together to build a meaningful construction. Unlike other books, it doesn’t leave you stranded at the other end but takes you to the final milestone. It builds the learning momentum in the initial five chapters with simple and concrete examples. In the final chapter, you go through a website project where you fit in almost all the blocks from the initial chapters. Starting with professional static web pages, you’re shown how to put life to a website by creating dynamic web pages. In the final task of this project, you are provided with step by step instructions to move your website from your development PC to a hosting server on the Internet. This way I rate this book as a complete resource for beginners eager to learn website development under one umbrella.

learn html and css and web developing language like java and .NET.

Hi,

various websites such as " www.w3schools.com/html/html_intro.asp‎" and more, and lot of tutorials can help you to give a good start to your experience.... Keep practicing is the only way to achieve the target... Best of Luck..

Thread Information