www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: What is best way to learn html and Javascript?

What is best way to learn html and Javascript?

Peace Be Upon You All! Hope you feel great?

I am student of BS Computer Science first semester. Html and Javascript are included in my first semester course. I wonder what is the best way to practice codes/scripts. Most of the time when I find code in my notes. I write it first time by seeing from notes, then second without seeing and third time without seeing but it consumes by lot of time. I use notepad. Any suggestions?

Peace Be Upon You!
    Amir Shahzad.

well I suggest to go here w3schools.com study the basics and then after studying basics,play the codes and you'll see that your improving.Just enjoy what you are doing.

Hi Amir, Hope you enjoy your Computer Science Degree.

There are several programs out there editing code such as html and javascript.

The most popular out is Adobe Dreamweaver (DW). DW lets you write the code in one screen and see the result in another screen in real time. This is an excellent tool for beginners. Alot of programs, such as notepad, is really good for coding html without help from a program, but is definitely very time consuming.

Another to look at is notepad++. It's a "super" version of notepad that is made for programmers. You can use it to code html, css, php, javascript, jquery and lots more.

The best way to learn HTML, because it's how I learned, is to just start reading source codes of various websites, try messing with tags yourself on your local machine, and basically just learn by trial and error. That's how I did it.

w3schools is also a great place to begin.

Try to make a bare-bones version of a facebook profile using Dreamweaver. That way it's not really studying, and there's a lot of techniques used. At least that's the way I learned.

I learned by messing up.
    And w3s
    But still got loads to go.
    Try messing with/copying source. And creating a page then trying it yourself.

Start by building websites.
    The easiest way is to start with free templates and modify them. You can get a lot of free templates for HTML from the http://www.OSWD.org site (Open Source Web Designs).

You can read all the books you want, but just go out there and build stuff.

You can set up a cheap hosting account at a place like Godaddy that will let you host thousands of sites on one shared hosting server for something like $80.00 per year. (Deluxe Hosting)

You can monetize these sites with things like Google Adsense, Chitika, Commission Junction, TradeDoubler, Amazon, Ebay, Yahoo, Clickbank, etc...

I started building sites as a hobby, and while most of them are just for fun and don't make much money, I have a couple that make my car payments and two pay my mortgage and send my son to private school!

That is a good motivator!

That old saying, "Practice makes perfect"--it's not true. Perfect practice makes perfect. Copying someone's mistakes just makes you worse off then you where when you started and the problem with all things internet is the unintended consequences. Just like a building might look really great but be a fire trap if the architect didn't follow the codes, your web site might seem to work for you but be a nightmare for others. Read, mark, learn and inwardly digest http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/ and http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG10/ .
    “The power of the Web is in its universality. Access by everyone regardless of disability is an essential aspect.”
    —Tim Berners-Lee, W3C Director and inventor of the World Wide Web

Quote Originally Posted by Charles View Post
    That old saying, "Practice makes perfect"--it's not true. Perfect practice makes perfect. Copying someone's mistakes just makes you worse off then you where when you started and the problem with all things internet is the unintended consequences. Just like a building might look really great but be a fire trap if the architect didn't follow the codes, your web site might seem to work for you but be a nightmare for others. Read, mark, learn and inwardly digest http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/ and http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG10/ .
    I agree..That was an old saying.If you continue doing by mistake it will end up to mistake..

Thread Information