dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Best CMS for Ecommerce site?

Joomla,Wordpress,drupal and magento are the best option for the CMS ecommerce website
    Share on Google+

WordPress is the best platform where you can design your eCommerce website, and it is a content management system this is also great.
    Share on Google+

It actually depends on your needs for the specific e-commerce project & what you want to sell. If you want to sell less limited items & don't want to invest time and money, wordpress is the best. But if you have too many items, categories, subcategories, mutitple search option & enhanced features to add you should then opt for Magento.
    Share on Google+

My recommendation will be Magento due to following reasons -

1. Control through central administration
    2. Ease of integration
    3. Varied Currencies and languages support
    4. Unmatched Security
    5. Analysis and Report Generation

Along with these features Magento is also providing a wide range of extensions to choose from.
    Share on Google+

Magento is an open source ecommerce platform. Developers can modify the source code and add features and functionality by creating or installing add-ons and plug-ins as per your business requirement.
    Share on Google+

Good!!!
    FOund what i was searching for my website !!
    Share on Google+

If you're going to build an eCommerce site, then you should go for Magento.
    Share on Google+

Quote Originally Posted by developerguru View Post
    My drupal and Joomal are CMS and not doubt they are the best.
    But it will be better if you go for CMS that is specifically designed for shopping cart.

Go for open cart it is the CMS that specifically designed for eCommerce site.

Search for "Open cart"
    I disagree with your choice of CMS for ecommerce websites. Open cart only provides support for small scale eCommerce websites and have less options than Magento.
    If you want to work for eCommerce website then Magento is the best choice for everyone.
    Share on Google+

Drupal is an incredibly powerful and flexible CMS, Drupal is first and foremost a CMS and community publishing tool. It excels at search engine optimization and offers a wide variety of community features, enabling you to reach and engage your potential customers.
    Share on Google+

Zen Cart (or its parent OSCommerce) has probably been the most popular open source e-commerce solution. Since it's rather old, it's very bloated and very use unfriendly.

Magento is one of the newer ones that became rather popular lately. I can't say much about it since I haven't used it.

I've used Joomla with VirtueMart extension. It is pretty good but VirtueMart isn't compatible with the newest Joomla version that was just released this month.

Google Checkout and PayPal are free but if you want a more integrated solution you will need to open a merchant account and use a payment gateway. They all work pretty similar to each other, so you would just pick one of the supported by your shopping cart.

I think in your case it might be an overkill to use a full blown e-commerce solution. I would suggest picking a hosted e-commerce solution like Shopify or Amazon or Yahoo store. This usually comes with a monthly fee but it takes care of things like credit card payments, which normally comes with a comparable monthly fee anyway.
    Share on Google+

If youíre one of those planning to open an online store, the biggest decision you will have to make is choose which ecommerce platform to use. A variety of factors weigh into this decision including ease of use, pricing, and integrations. You can choose from customisations.

Magento is fully customisable but you will need to be either technical or have a developer to make the customizations for you.

Bigcommerce and shopify lets you customise its templates by giving you access to CSS and HTML but not change features or edit the platform code.
    Share on Google+

Magneto is best CMS for eCommerce website
    Share on Google+

What comes first when you think of a CMS for your ecommerce website? Content, of course. You must make use of user-friendly softwares to increase traffic onto your website. Consumers use ecommerce primarily to avoid travel and time costs. We are given to thinking that Wordpress is a CMS meant for blogging. But it is beyond just that.

Why should you consider Wordpress for an ecommerce site? Remember, you can't keep changing the HTML codes all the time to update your website. This is why you must consider using Wordpress to transform your Website into something more new and creative.
    Share on Google+

Python and Joomla website are good CMS websites which are more secure then others CMS have.
    Share on Google+

However, with any system, there are some limitations. Open Cart is a bit restrained when it comes to search engine optimization and you canít use a custom URL. Some of the pre-installed options are limited and you wonít be able to customize the template as much as you can with Magento.
    Share on Google+

Thread Information