dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Need help with IE7 vs IE* issues

Need help with IE7 vs IE* issues

I posted a new thread IE7 vs IE8 incompatibles a couple of days a go under the ASP thread. I got 124 views but no suggestion to fix. The issude is a web site that works in IE8 but not in IE7. Should I move it to another thread to get better response as to fixing it or did I do some other NO-NO preventing forum members from sending me their ideas?

I have spent many hours on this problem and really could use some ideas..

Thanks

posting in a relevant forum will help you get more replies. The issue you are having is a front-end issue and doesn't have much to do with ASP. You would have gotten more replies if you had posted it in the HTML or CSS forum.

I just viewed your site in IE7 mode in my IE9 browser and it looked fine. Did you fix the issue? You should also fix your markup to contain valid HTML.

Thanks for direction Big

Quote Originally Posted by Big O(1) View Post
    posting in a relevant forum will help you get more replies. The issue you are having is a front-end issue and doesn't have much to do with ASP. You would have gotten more replies if you had posted it in the HTML or CSS forum.

I just viewed your site in IE7 mode in my IE9 browser and it looked fine. Did you fix the issue? You should also fix your markup to contain valid HTML.

--------------------------------------------------------

Per your guidance I will repost this on a more appropriate board. I was using ASP so I wrongly thought that was the best place to post.

I haven't found a fix yet but will try the HTML validator you suggest. That scares the crap out of me though because this was my first attempt and I allowed myself to being pressured into doing too much too quickly. A lesson I will not soon forget.

I do not know why it works for you but in iE8 if I use compatability view it fails.

Thanks

Thread Information