www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: XML Calander + Other Questions

Question XML Calander + Other Questions

Hi, I am new to the community, very excited to be here, and I hope someone can help me with figuring out a service or solution that suit my needs.

So here's the problem:

I am helping a business start up a website that is subscription based. We need a calendar solution that can be edited by the customer, and viewed by administrators to help us determine when to ship our items.

The customer will need the ability to change the date that they receive their product and set future dates. Basically more or less it's going to be a personal shipment calendar. I also need to know how we could get that information compiled into a database. This is the start of the business, so any suggestions, tips, or referrals are completely welcome.

Thanks for hearing me out and I look forward to corresponding with someone.

Me, I use Google Calendar for my UI and then use PHP to grab and parse the ICAL export.
    “The power of the Web is in its universality. Access by everyone regardless of disability is an essential aspect.”
    —Tim Berners-Lee, W3C Director and inventor of the World Wide Web

that sounds like a feasible solution, would you mind further explaining your process?

There's been many views on this and I appreciate that!
    Is there anyone with any sort of feedback that can further be of assistance?
    Our budget is low right now so payment for a web developer is unfortunately out of question. I am very thankful for anyone that can help us get this wheel turning.

You'll need someone who knows PHP but you can't swing a cat without hitting one of those. I used the CURL module to get the ICAL from Google ( http://us.php.net/manual/en/book.curl.php ) and then a nifty parser by Aidan Lister ( http://aidanlister.com/repos/v/iCalReader.php ).
    “The power of the Web is in its universality. Access by everyone regardless of disability is an essential aspect.”
    —Tim Berners-Lee, W3C Director and inventor of the World Wide Web

Another option you might consider is www.easyphpcalendar.com

Dave

Thread Information