dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: [RESOLVED] 100% height panels

resolved [RESOLVED] 100% height panels

Hello,
    I've made a webpage that is fluid in terms of width. The page has a left panel that has a fixed width, while the right(main content) is going to increase in width so to fit any increase/decrease in resolution.
    I'm trying to get the cols go full height of the screen irrespective of the amt. of content, but cannot get it done
    I've tried 'min-height:81%' as 100% gives a vertical scroll (the page has a 112px header too). I've tried a lot but can't get a 100% height done. The client wants it done thru CSS, and not JavaScript.

Please help me out.

Try setting height: 100%; on html, body and the container you want to be 100% in height.

Have you tried placing both elements in a parent div to control there length together.
    The body element allows for elements within to act alone. You have to specify a separate body to control them together.

Basically body is a controlled open space all elements inside act on there own : a div is needed to control more then one element together. Setting there limits and max together by using the parent.

mind you auto does nothing for height. in body or parent div.

Thank you so much both of you, it worked

Thread Information