www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Start own business help pls

Start own business help pls

I am thinking of setting up a web build / consultancy business. I thought to get up to speed on lamp technology, CSSs, XML, JavaScript .
    However looking at start your own business advice it says - do what your customers want.
    So - any advice on researching this Market to see where I might fit in.
    My thoughts were along lines of customers wanting interactivity on their websites and hiring myself out as a contractor.
    Is there a Market here?
    Advice v gratefully received
    Sue

Hello

The best research is to ask you market. Read up on a marketing and a selling book and they all say the same thing. Best way to know what your customers needs are is to ask them. simple as that.

Call up a few potential clients, people or companies you would like to work for and ask them some prepared questions surrounding what it is your looking to offer. People love to be helpful and who wouldn't love to help you on something that would help then run their business better.

sounds like a survey group or a discussion board, that is because it is, like i said companies do the same thing. they just use big words for it. Additionally we all like to tell ourselves what we would do in a situation, and learn otherwise when it happens, only way to prepare is to practice. So begin questioning your clients now so it's easier in the future.

hope this helps.
    Last edited by WonDer9; 07-11-2011 at 10:39 AM. Reason: did

Yes that sounds good to me. I used to do some selling - quite sucessfully - so I was once used to going up to strangers and asking questions.
    And I expect just thinking up the questions helps you too
    Very helpful.
    Thank you - Sue

Yet as far a lamp is concerned are you talking from a developer stand point like wamp or xamp. Or from a webmaster perspective.

Most design firms utilize a team system. It may be to your benefit to join or create a team to better facilitate your needs. doing it all yourself sounds good, but it can become a pain in the ass.

Best of luck!

Thread Information