www.webdeveloper.com
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Permissions

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1

    Arrow Permissions

    Hi Guys,

    If I find some piece of code or tutorial on HTMLGoodies can I use it in my website? That is can I modify it a little to do a job? The english they use seems to indicate that it can be used! I still leave the credit to the person who wrote the code. Your comments would be greatly appreciated.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Northern UK :((
    Posts
    667
    Yes that is usually fine. Others post their code and are usually happy for others to use it, so long as credit is given where it is due.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    chennai, tamil nadu, India
    Posts
    448

    Thumbs up htmlgoodies code

    Quote Originally Posted by Pat fFynn View Post
    Hi Guys,

    If I find some piece of code or tutorial on HTMLGoodies can I use it in my website? That is can I modify it a little to do a job? The english they use seems to indicate that it can be used! I still leave the credit to the person who wrote the code. Your comments would be greatly appreciated.

    I'm really not sure. Is there any license available specifically for htmlgoodies ,
    , because all I can find is this general link

    http://www.internet.com/Internetcom/...189#Licensing1

    which states

    Licensing

    For information on licensing Internet.com content, please contact our Copyright Agent:

    By mail:
    Internet.com, c/o QuinStreet, Inc.
    Attn: Copyright Agent
    950 Tower Lane, 6th Floor
    Foster City, CA 94404

    Tel: (650) 578.7700 Fax: (650)-578-7604
    By email: copyrightagent@quinstreet.com

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    3,346
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisranjana View Post
    I'm really not sure. Is there any license available specifically for htmlgoodies ,
    , because all I can find is this general link

    http://www.internet.com/Internetcom/...189#Licensing1

    which states
    I don't think HTMLgoodies maintains their own additional copyright over user-submitted content. It is my understanding that each participating user provides their own copyright statement within the code uploaded.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Northern UK :((
    Posts
    667
    Quote Originally Posted by criterion9 View Post
    I don't think HTMLgoodies maintains their own additional copyright over user-submitted content. It is my understanding that each participating user provides their own copyright statement within the code uploaded.
    Yes they do ....

    99% of the time they say "Feel free to use this code so long as credit notes are left in." and then they state whether they allow corporate use or not.


    If you're going to use it for a business, contact the author and agree on an amount to pay them, usually a few dollars.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Irish Republic
    Posts
    64
    Thanks for your comments and advice. I have sent enquiry to the Copyright agent and also to HTMLGoodies in the hope of contacting the Code Originator. Will advise on thread how I get on!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
HTML5 Development Center



Recent Articles