www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Permissions

Arrow Permissions

Hi Guys,

If I find some piece of code or tutorial on HTMLGoodies can I use it in my website? That is can I modify it a little to do a job? The english they use seems to indicate that it can be used! I still leave the credit to the person who wrote the code. Your comments would be greatly appreciated.

Yes that is usually fine. Others post their code and are usually happy for others to use it, so long as credit is given where it is due.

Thumbs up htmlgoodies code

Quote Originally Posted by Pat fFynn View Post
    Hi Guys,

If I find some piece of code or tutorial on HTMLGoodies can I use it in my website? That is can I modify it a little to do a job? The english they use seems to indicate that it can be used! I still leave the credit to the person who wrote the code. Your comments would be greatly appreciated.

I'm really not sure. Is there any license available specifically for htmlgoodies ,
    , because all I can find is this general link

http://www.internet.com/Internetcom/...189#Licensing1

which states

Licensing

For information on licensing Internet.com content, please contact our Copyright Agent:

By mail:
    Internet.com, c/o QuinStreet, Inc.
    Attn: Copyright Agent
    950 Tower Lane, 6th Floor
    Foster City, CA 94404

Tel: (650) 578.7700 Fax: (650)-578-7604
    By email: copyrightagent@quinstreet.com

Quote Originally Posted by chrisranjana View Post
    I'm really not sure. Is there any license available specifically for htmlgoodies ,
    , because all I can find is this general link

http://www.internet.com/Internetcom/...189#Licensing1

which states
    I don't think HTMLgoodies maintains their own additional copyright over user-submitted content. It is my understanding that each participating user provides their own copyright statement within the code uploaded.

Quote Originally Posted by criterion9 View Post
    I don't think HTMLgoodies maintains their own additional copyright over user-submitted content. It is my understanding that each participating user provides their own copyright statement within the code uploaded.
    Yes they do ....

99% of the time they say "Feel free to use this code so long as credit notes are left in." and then they state whether they allow corporate use or not.

If you're going to use it for a business, contact the author and agree on an amount to pay them, usually a few dollars.

Thanks for your comments and advice. I have sent enquiry to the Copyright agent and also to HTMLGoodies in the hope of contacting the Code Originator. Will advise on thread how I get on!

Thread Information