dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Two in one Page!

Arrow Two in one Page!

The following facilitates the positioning and displaying of two webpages into one window.......

<html>
    <head>
    <title>Two Page Code</title>
    </head>
    <frameset cols=30%,*>
    <Frame src=today.html name=today>
    <Frame src=main.html name=main>
    </frameset>
    </html>

However, when I seek to install between <body> </body> tags to have the two pages presented in the body of a website page it will not work. Why is that and is there a solution?

Frames

Frames are deprecated so you may want to go a different way. There are several problems with frames. Since many users are using broadband now, it is not a big issue if the all the content reloads with navigation. This also creates a problems for users. If the solution you want to achieve modularization of your code like have a file for the menu, header, footer, etc. I would learn basic PHP and use the include function to modularize your code. I don't know why this won't work for you, I am letting you know their will be more problems than this to come.

the above mentioned code is not the reason of the problem please dig out any other error or submit the detail code so I can have a look

I don't understand what you are trying to do. You will need to create also a today.html and main.html

Hi Wanda & rebelweb2007,

In the screenshot I am trying to get the Shop onto the webpage that I am working on. At the moment it is outside the page and the demo works on my own machine. Before I incorporated into the the website both shop and what is in the body of the website were in the one window. It all seems to work perfectly either way..... it was just that I had hoped to have both within the webpage.

rebelweb2007 - I note your warning comments. Being that this is a simple cart demonstration I do not want to do a major re-work at the moment. If I could drum up some eCommerce business I would use some of the currently available Shopping Carts. Could my current dated approach do the job for the next 6 to 12 months?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hi IRTC
    Quote Originally Posted by itrc View Post
    the above mentioned code is not the reason of the problem please dig out any other error or submit the detail code so I can have a look
    I cannot for the moment dig out any other error. I wonder if this is sufficient code to look at!

<html>
    <head>
    <title>Index<title>
    </head>
    <frameset cols=25%,* >
    <Frame src=navigate.html name=navigate>
    <frame src=welcome.html name=main>
    </frameset>
    </html>

<html>
    <head>
    <title>Navigate</title>
    </head>
    <body bgcolor="#FFFFFF">
    <CENTER>
    This page is titled navigate.html and will remain on view the whole way through the demonstration.
    <P>&nbsp;<P>
    <p>Place shop navigation here</P>
    <P>
    <p>and review Order as you shop!<br /><br />
    <input type="button" value="Review Order Button" onClick="ReviewOrder()">
    <P>
    </CENTER>
    </body>
    </html>

<HTML>
    <HEAD>
    <title>Welcome</title>
    </HEAD>
    <BODY >
    <center>
    This page is titled <b>welcome.html</b>.<P> It acts as a welcoming page.
    <P>
    </center>
    </BODY>
    </HTML>

Quote Originally Posted by rebelweb2007 View Post
    Frames are deprecated...
    That's not true. Frames are yucky but they are not deprecated. You are free to use them.
    “The power of the Web is in its universality. Access by everyone regardless of disability is an essential aspect.”
    —Tim Berners-Lee, W3C Director and inventor of the World Wide Web

Thread Information