dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Lightweight PHP based CMS?

Lightweight PHP based CMS?

I am looking for a lightweight CMS, I like Wordpress but I am looking for something with a much smaller footprint. This will be used to administer small sites, 6-10 pages in length probably. Just needs to be able to add / edit / delete pages, dynamically build a nav. Don't need to worry too much about themes as I can build around these. Anyone have any personal favourites / recommendations before I write one myself? Prefer PHP (& MySQL or XML) based if possible.

Thanks

On the bases of your requirement you should go for Drupal CMS because in that you can build and create new pages just in the span of minutes. Plus it also have community that solves your each and every query about the system.
    Whats more best theams of this system are available for free.
    I have used this system for creating number of sites and in result I get a successful website.

Hi, thanks for your response. Drupal is too large for what I need really. The sort of sites I am talking about are for accountants / lawyers and other small businesses. There must be a decent small footprint system out there? There was a plugin for word press - wplots but development was discontinued a few years ago.

Anyone use anything else?

Well I am not sure that this may help you but as per your requirement I think this can be the best. "weebly.com"

On this site you just need to login and you can create pages of your choice with ready made tools and you just need to pay for domain space and you are ready to launch the site.

I hope this may be helpful.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, what I really looking for is something I can install for clients, to be able to edit their content. I have found templateCMS from a search on this site, so I will give that a try.

TextPattern CMS is also a good, super-lightweight option! I've used it before and have been pretty happy with the results...easy setup, small memory footprint, etc.

Zimplit is extremely lightweight, simple and customizable. It’s easy to install, and easy to use via a simple web interface. Zimplit consists of only one core engine file.

simpleCMS and also there are many hosted CMS platforms available. Checkout coreCMS..

Try desamaru

Check Desamaru(http://desamaru.com). Good looking admin panel with
    Installation in a minute
    Search engine friendly url
    Easy Interface
    Low size cms
    Ip tracking and vistor chart

Thread Information